Pages

Monday, February 02, 2009

Connectivity

It suddenly occurred to me that while I am very contacted to the outside world in certain ways.... Facebook and this blog for one, I have no way to contact or be contacted by others that isn't in some way fraught with annoyances. I had two email addresses, one for my academic pursuits, which has such a tiny amount of space available I've had problems sending chapters of my dissertation to my advisor and on top of it has one of the world's worst spam blockers (keeps me from hearing from the people I want to hear from and yet still lets me know that for just $9.99 I too can make her weep with ecstasy), and the other is a very old account that I can't give to anyone without a ten minute explanation of an inside joke that only four people on this planet may get. I'm one of those people, by the way, so I spend a lot of time explaining.

What I need is a nice, inoffensive, completely reasonable email address that is accessible to everyone and is not going to embarrass me or, worse, no longer be effective once I graduate. (Which will be soon. I hope.) I think I've got it and I think I've posted it in such a way that I will not get attacked with spam. *Spam spam spam spam...* We'll see how it goes and if I manage not to forget my address or my password...

If you have an old email address, one that you have used right up until yesterday and it worked... it will keep working and I will keep using it to contact you, until I tell you otherwise.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. I admit I did not know your old address...but if digging the past is your new one, I totally dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must keep your old one for my sake. I have not the brain space to memorize a new one. And since I'm one of the four that not only gets the joke, but relies on it for the title of my blog to make any sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:07 PM

    Gmail! The snazziest mail in the world, and very good spam filtering. Trust me, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:18 PM

    Got to agree with Paddy - Gmail is probably what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, don't be mean....