Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just a few days to go...

And maybe we can stop fixing up the apartment!! I've noticed over the last few months that "his" projects have become "my" projects and things "we" will do becomes things that "I" will do. Like moving the couch. It was never going to happen, but it had to, because I had to empty that room. Mind you, my husband has been CRAZY busy ever since the media got ahold of the swine flu and suddenly my husband's editor realized WAIT, there are a lot of swine in Denmark... WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

So I had to move the couch mahself. How does a 125 lb woman move a 100 lb couch (I have no idea how heavy the couch is, I can't really get it to hop on my scale and still be able to read the weight)? She rolls it. Up on one end, turn in desired direction, put up end down. Repeat as needed. Through a doorway and across the floor. I didn't even bother to take the legs off. Yup, I rock. I'm all about rolling furniture. If there was an olympic sport in furniture rolling, I'd be taking the gold. I managed to get a HUGE wardrobe up stairs all on my own, it took two men to get it back down. I told them to roll it, but they got all offended looking. I also have been known to pack boxes very tightly with things that are too heavy for me to lift, and then after some judicious taping, roll them up and down the stairs as needed.

The living room is set, the entry way has been pared down to two jackets each and two storage units of shoes per person (I only use one, the other is for hats, scarfs, and mittens), and the two bedrooms that will be inhabited Friday and Sunday are mostly clear (I need to know where to roll some items). I rocked out the doors from the kitchen and put them back on. I'll take an after shot AFTER I clean the kitchen thoroughly. What remains? My husband's project: the bathroom. It's not done. I'd go in and do it, but I'd get my head bitten off. There's priming and painting and sanding involved and I don't know which step he's at. Best not to get involved at that point. But I need my bathroom back. I'd like to NOT get out of the shower onto plastic. I'd like to be able to keep a towel in there and not worry about getting paint on it. I want to clean the bathroom!!



That last photo is of the hallway. Why is there so much crap in the hallway?
1) Nothing could be in the bathroom: see above
2) I had to spread the cabinet doors out over two rooms and when you are traipsing back and forth will oil paint, you do NOT want to drip, smear, or step with painted foot on your very nice floor. So you put down random newspapers.


My cabinet doors.

Yessiree, I take some mighty great photos of my life. Bet you are excited.

Promise, better ones to come soon. I found my other (prefered) camera. The EOS digital scares the bejeezus out of me, so fancy, too expensive for me to do anything other than cry if I drop it! I'll take the Elph, thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 PM

    I have all my sympathy for you. I could not use my kitchen and my bathroom for a month last November. That means we have to rely on camping potty and take a shower at my boyfriend's mom's house. With a water closet smacked in the middle of the livingroom, dusts, pipes, cables everywhere, I just wanted to scream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love that you have pictures attached to your posts now. The visual image is so much more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm swine flu, and all i can think is, "this is the perfect time to score that cheap ticket and hotel to mexico"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I have moved from wordpress. Please Pretty please update your blogroll to http://shetalkslikejune.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I have moved from wordpress. Please Pretty please update your blogroll to http://shetalkslikejune.com

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, don't be mean....