Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hoops jumped through: one

Alright, I made it through the first part of the foreign service test process. I managed to apply and I am now signed up for the test. I have a month to prepare. Oh great!

If only the History Channel would now do a series called "Things you might need to know about the government" and "Management skills 101"...

Yes, there is a suggested reading list. No, these books are not in the local library. Or the Uni. library. Some creativity will be in order.

I think when I go in to take the test I have to sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree not to tell anyone about the questions I was asked. Although I think this would be a waste of good paper, because within five minutes of finishing the practice test my brain was so fried I could barely remember my name, there is no way I'll be able to remember a question.

I think I may also have to take the test naked, as my instructions on what NOT to bring into the test center include just about everything you can think of.

They will also take my picture and my husband has suggested I get a hair cut before then. What? Is my proto-mullet bothering you, honey?? Actually it's not a very good mullet, because there is absolutely nothing business like about the front and the back is hardly party worthy. (For those not in the know, the mullet comes with it's own catch phrase [yeah, it's that cool of a hairstyle] which is "business in the front, party in the back". Sad, I know.) A better description about what is on my head would be "mop." It is JUST short enough that I cannot put it in a pony tail, no matter where on my head I try to place it. And the bangs are still not long enough to tuck behind my ears.

That's okay, the test center will probably shave my head to make sure I'm not hiding any recording or messaging devices when they strip me down before the test.

1 comment:

  1. Check out thehegemenist.com. He has some break downs of what to expect on the test and of the job based on the career cone you select.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, don't be mean....