Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

But Danish libraries on the other hand...

So the State Library at Århus has the world's suckiest search engine EVER. I have been trying to find the Reallexikon für Antike und Christetum for days now. I tried various spellings and all kinds of other things and then admitted defeat to my advisor. Who found it in the Copenhagen library. And suggest that I'm an idiot. So I tried again to find it in the Århus library. Still no go. But I'm an angry girl and I refuse to give in - so I tried by searching for one of the editors, who were listed on the Copenhagen library page and WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT? There it was, in the Århus library. I cannot find it using the title, only the author. But as an encyclopedia, it doesn't really have authors. I mean, I found the Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae by title - what is the difference between the two? Not a goddamned thing except that one can be found searching for the title and the other CANNOT!!

Fucking goddamned library. I'm going to send an email. This needs to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, don't be mean....